Our vision is that all pupils at Littlegreen Academy will grow to be confident adults who communicate well, so that they can live healthy, happy, and successful lives.
The whole school community demonstrate the following values in all that we do....
We are Courageous - we have a go, take risks, and do the right thing.
We are Kind - we show respect and care to ourselves and others.
We are Accepting - we accept ourselves and others as unique individuals
We are Ambitious - we do our best to be our best.
We Persevere - we keep trying until we succeed.
We believe that Littlegreen Academy is a place where pupils can flourish in a caring, safe and secure environment. We focus on attachment friendly practice aiming to encourage pupils to enjoy and feel motivated to learn. Each member of our team has a critical part to play, a chance to grow and develop, move forward and focus on the belief that all things are possible.
We work closely with parents and carers in order to achieve our vision which describes what we aim for our pupils to achieve and “be like” by the time they move onto the next stage of their learning journey.
The pupil of the future leaving our school will:
- Have ambitious and realistic plans for their future lives with the skills and confidence to realise them
- Have gained independent thinking and learning skills that can be transferred to adult life
- Have a positive attitude to learning and life and be motivated to continue learning when they leave school
- Achieve relevant and useful qualifications to enable them to move onto the next stage of their education
- Feel confident, self-assured and proud of their achievements
- Be resilient and able to manage challenges and change in a positive manner
- Take responsibility for their own decisions and actions
- Be able to form positive relationships with other young people and adults
- Be kind, considerate and respectful and be a positive role model
- Be able to communicate effectively with a wide range of people
- Understand what they need to do to keep safe and be able to make healthy choices
- Support the values of the school and the community
- Understand what is right and wrong and make good choices
- Show respect for others whatever their culture, religion, gender or sexual orientation