The Wellbeing Award focuses on ensuring that effective practice and provision is in place which promotes the emotional wellbeing and mental health of both staff, pupils and all members of our school community. The verification process will enable us to develop these practices where necessary and help us to ensure that well-being is embedded in the long-term culture of our school. It will help us to create an ethos where mental health is regarded as the responsibility of all.
With this award, we will demonstrate our commitment to:
- Promoting mental health as part of everyday school life
- Improving the emotional wellbeing of our staff, pupils, and all members of our school community
- Ensuring mental health problems are identified early and appropriate support provided
- Offering provision and interventions that matches the needs of our pupils and staff
- Promoting the importance of mental health awareness
- Capturing the views of parents / carers, pupils and staff on mental health issues